Nashville U.S. Courthouse & Federal Building
The new 360,000-square-foot U.S. Courthouse in Nashville replaces an existing courthouse that’s operationally obsolete and security deficient. The new courthouse houses eight district courtrooms, four magistrate courtrooms, chambers, clerk of courts, probation and pre-trial services, U.S. Marshal Services, and the U.S. Attorney’s office.
The courthouse will be located on Church Street, a major downtown avenue and former bustling shopping and institutional corridor, which is undergoing revitalization. It is integrated into the downtown central business district and near the State Capitol, the public library, municipal government facilities, and just blocks from the city’s entertainment district.
Designed for LEED Silver Certification, the building features:
- Rainwater harvesting and water efficient landscaping
- Waterless urinals and dual flush toilet fixtures
- High performance building envelop
- Energy efficient HVAC systems
- Quality indoor air quality strategies
- Thermal comfort controls
- Locally-sourced material
- Materials containing recycled content
- Certified wood products
- A waste management and recycling plan
- Access to public transportation